2008 Jewelry Design Contest Official Rules
No Purchase Necessary. A purchase will not increase your eligibility to participate in the Contest or determine the winner.
1. Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal residents residing in the 50 United States and Washington D.C., who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives of Jewelry Television® and their immediate families or members of household (parents, children, siblings, spouse) are not eligible for participation in the Contest. Void where prohibited by law.
2. How to Enter.
Enter by Mail
a. Draw or sketch a jewelry design on a plain piece of 8 1/2" by 11" paper and include a description of the materials to be used. Include your name, address, telephone number and, if applicable, your facsimile number and email address on the back of your submission or on a piece of paper stapled thereto. NOTE: Designs that have already been manufactured are ineligible to participate in Contest.
b. Please sign your name to the back of your design, after writing the following statement: I have read, complied with, and agreed to the Jewelry Television® Jewelry Design Contest Rules, as shown on television and/or as shown on JTV.com. By entering this submission, I assign to Jewelry Television® the right to use my design as well as the copyright and derivative rights thereto, if applicable, as well as any applicable patent rights.
c. Mail your design or drawing, with first-class postage affixed, to: Jewelry Television®, P.O. Box 51412, Knoxville, TN 37950, Attention: Jewelry Design Contest. Entries that are received with postage due will be returned to sender and will not be accepted as valid entries in Contest.
d. The Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on April 1, 2008. Entries must be postmarked by midnight ET on April 30, 2008 and received by 3:00 p.m. ET May 7, 2008 to be considered eligible.
e. Enter as many times as you like, but limit one entry per envelope.
a. Visit the Jewelry Design Contest page on JTV.com.
b. Click the "Submit Your Entry Online" button.
c. Read and follow the instructions for submitting your design online.
d. Enter all the required information or your entry will not be valid.
e. Click browse and look for your design file name.
f. Select your design and click attach. Your file will automatically upload.
g. Important note- your design must be in a GIF, JPEG or PNG file format or the upload process will not work.
h. Read the rules for 2008 Jewelry Design Contest, and check the box if you agree to be bound by the rules set forth by Jewelry Television®.
i. Click submit.
j. You may email as many designs as you like, but each design must be sent separately.
k. The Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on April 1, 2008. Electronically sent entries must be received by Jewelry Television® between 12:01 a.m. ET April 1, 2008 and 11:59 p.m. ET April 30, 2008 to be considered eligible.
Jewelry Television® is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries. All entries/designs, drawings become the sole property of Jewelry Television®, and none will be returned. Jewelry Television® is authorized to use submitted entries as it sees fit, including usage in advertising. Jewelry Television® reserves the right to reproduce the submission in full, crop the submission for reproduction, modify or edit or enhance the submission at its discretion. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use winner's name, likeness and voice for advertising and promotional purposes by Jewelry Television® without additional compensation or consent, unless prohibited by law. To the extent additional consideration is required under applicable law (or to the extent applicable law is unclear in the opinion of Jewelry Television®), all winners agree to accept $50 in exchange for the permission to use their name, likeness and voice for advertising and promotional purposes.
A prize may be awarded only if a potential winner complies with all these Official Rules, including the Agreement and Questionnaire described under "Copyright Issues" below and the inclusion of the statement in "How to Enter" above.
3. Judging. All entries will be judged by a panel comprised of employees of Jewelry Television®. All judging will be based on the following criteria: 1) Originality of Design, 2) Mass Market Appeal and TV salability of Design, 3) Wearability and 4) Affordability. The panel will select a Grand Prize Winner, Second Prize Winner, and Third Prize Winner, and the panel's decision will be final.
4. Viewers' Voice Award. The Jewelry Television® judging panel will review the remainder of the entries submitted that have not been previously selected as a 2008 winner and present 50 entries to our Internet viewing audience to select a Viewers' Voice Award winner. The Viewers' Voice Award winner will be determined exclusively by online voting using our website and no other means of voting will be allowed or accepted. Online voting will begin on June 30, 2008 at 12:01 a.m. ET and will end on July 6, 2008 at 11:59 p.m. ET. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to display a random sampling of the Viewers' Voice entries to our broadcast viewers and that sampling does not reflect the opinions or preferences of Jewelry Television®.
5. Voting for Viewers' Voice Award.
a. Visit JTV.com and click on the Jewelry Design Contest Banner. Fill out the required information.
b. Email addresses must be submitted to verify that voters are only participating once each day. Voters will be given the opportunity to opt-out and/or opt-in to receive promotional emails.
c. Internet viewers can vote for one design each day.
d. The design that receives the greatest number of votes will be selected as the winner of the Viewers' Voice Award.
6. Prizes and Approximate Values. 1) Grand Prize - a $5000 cash prize, one item of jewelry manufactured according to the Grand Prize design, and an all-expense paid trip to Jewelry Television®; 2) Viewers' Voice Award winner will receive a $2500 retail value shopping spree at Jewelry Television® and one item of jewelry manufactured according to the Viewers' Voice design; 3) Second Prize will receive a $2500 retail value shopping spree at Jewelry Television® and one item of jewelry manufactured according to the Second Prize design; and 4) Third Prize will receive a $1500 retail value shopping spree at Jewelry Television® and one item of jewelry manufactured according to the Third Prize design. Jewelry Television®, in its sole discretion, may determine to manufacture a winning design for sale to the public, but is not obligated to do so. Jewelry Television® reserves the right to alter any design submitted and selected for a prize as necessary to manufacture such piece. No transfer or substitution of prize is permitted.
7. Winners. Beginning on or about April 14, 2008, designs will be selected and featured on our broadcast and/or website. Selection of design does not guarantee a finalist position. Semi-finalists will be selected beginning on or about May 14, 2008. Finalists will be announced on the air and/or on our website beginning on or about June 23, 2008. The grand prize winner, viewers' voice award winner, second, and third place winners will be selected and announced on air and on our website during the week of July 7-13, 2008. For the names of prize winners, available after July 13, 2008, send a separate, self-addressed stamped 4 1/8" by 9 1/2" envelope to be received by midnight ET June 30, 2008 to: Jewelry Television®, P.O. Box 51412, Knoxville, TN 37950, Attention: Jewelry Design Contest Winners.
8. Copyright and Patent Issues. Each entry must be the original work of the one person submitting the entry and cannot be substantially similar to or a derivative copy of jewelry designs of others. By submitting an entry to the Contest, each entrant certifies that the entrant hold all rights to their submission, and the submission has not been previously published or made, that the design has not won a previous prize or award, that the entrant has followed all of the rules of the Contest and that the entrant assigns all rights in the design to Jewelry Television®, including the copyright in and patent rights to the design. Each finalist will be required to submit a Jewelry Design Contest Questionnaire and Agreement certifying that, prior to assignment to Jewelry Television®, the finalist held all rights to the submission, that the design is the sole and original work of the entrant, that the submission has not been previously published or made, nor won a previous prize or award, that the finalist has followed all of the rules of the Contest, and that the finalist agrees to execute all documents reasonably necessary to register the copyright and record the assignment of the copyright or to prosecute any applicable design patent and record the assignment of those patent rights. The agreement must be signed and returned within seven days of attempted notification; if the agreement is not signed and received by Jewelry Television® within seven days of attempted notification, such finalist will be disqualified from the Contest.
8. General. By entering the Contest, all participants release and hold harmless Jewelry Television® and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, shareholders, directors, officers and employees, one and all, from all liability (including attorney's fees and costs) regarding participation in the Contest and receipt or misuse of the prizes awarded. Odds of winning will vary dependent upon the number of valid entries received. Prizes and prize notifications that are returned as undeliverable may disqualify winners. All federal, state and local taxes (if any) on prizes are the sole responsibility of winners. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By sending in an entry to the Contest, participant agrees to abide by and be bound by these rules. Any disputes arising under the Contest shall be governed by Tennessee law, and must be brought in the state or federal court located in Knox County, Tennessee. Jewelry Television® shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors in these rules or other materials relating to the Contest. Jewelry Television® is not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers or software, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest; inability to access the Jewelry Television® website; theft, tampering, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transmissions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer, postal or electronic malfunction or misdirected, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed, stolen, mutilated, incomplete, illegible or any combination thereof; or for any other errors, problems or malfunctions of any kind relating to or in connection with this Contest, whether computer, network, technical printing, typographical, human or otherwise, including without limitation, errors, problems or malfunctions that may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or any Contest-related materials. Proof of online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in Jewelry Television's opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest, Jewelry Television® reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Contest, or to terminate the Contest and, at Jewelry Television's discretion, conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the last date of the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated last date of the Contest, notice will be posted on the Jewelry Television® website. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage our website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, Jewelry Television® reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any potential winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Jewelry Television® reserves the right to disqualify entries that contain invalid email addresses. Entries submitted by automated methods are prohibited.